What is Molemate?
MoleMate is a non-invasive, rapid and painless mole-screening technology which enables physicians to quickly scan a patient’s moles, so they will be able to tell quickly and accurately whether treatment is required, or reassure a patient that the mole is benign.
Should I have a Mole mate scan?
If you are at high-risk, it is recommended that you have a MolemateSkin Check. The Molemate is a proactive way to help manage your melanoma risk by tracking the slightest change in your skin and moles. Generally, you should have a Molemate scan if you:
- You have a personal or family history of melanoma
- Have a high number of moles
- Want a pro-active way to help manage your melanoma risk
- Want a baseline of your skin and moles created for future comparison
Benefits of Molemate:
MoleMate™ has been clinically proven to increase the number of true positive referrals whilst potentially reducing practice costs and patient distress.
- MoleMate™ is quick and simple to use.
- MoleMate™ requires little training.
- MoleMate™ incorporates patient details and notes with SIAscans into Adobe™ PDF reports.
- MoleMate™ allows the clinician to scan and evaluate lesions within seconds.
- MoleMate™ increases the number of true positive excisions/referrals to secondary care.
- MoleMate™ rapidly assists in the identification of suspicious lesions.
MoleMate™ utilises the clinically proven Hunter Scoring System, developed in conjunction with GP practices and Cambridge University Teaching Hospital